24/05/2008

Start using Ubuntu

Linux is not a new OS system to me. I used to be a workstation administrator when I went to collage. In that age, using UNIX or UNIX-Like system was required many relevant knowledge. It was so difficult to use so that I can still remember how exciting I was when I successful installed Chinese-Language-Supported programs onto my workstation. But now, things change!



In recent years, Ubuntu is catching everybody's eyes with its high efficient performance, easy to install and use, and most "important", the fancy graphic user interface it can be! You might say: "Microsoft Window Vista can provides those gimmicks too." But Vista is NOT for free at all. It costs us lots of money. More, if our PCs were brought two years ago then it costs us extra money for upgrading our PCs because they might not meet the "lowest hardware requirement" for running Vista. My old laptop, Compaq N610c, is certainly outdated to Vista. However I was so impressed by its performance with Ubuntu so that I don't wanna turn back using Microsoft Windows system as long as possible!

Ubuntu has just launched its latest version called "Ubuntu 8.04 LTS" (LTS: Long Term Support) last month. Its a totally free for charge operation system. Comparing with its last version (7.10), 8.04 provides an easier installer for users. In fact, the Ubuntu installer is so easy to use that Microsoft Windows users can run these two system within their PCs at the same time by pressing only few "Next" buttons during installation (connect to the Internet before install):


Step1: Put Ubuntu CD/DVD into our CD/DVD-ROM and choose "Install inside Windows"


Step2: A little configurations to fill. Press"安裝/Install".


Step3: Ubuntu is coping its essiential files for installation.


Step4: Reboot our PC. From now on Ubuntu will finish the rest installation automatically.

Can you find any easier installer than Ubuntu's? I don't think so~ anyway, let's start Ubuntu!

大會報告

22/Apr., 2010. Ford new Mondeo TDCi 交車


Intense Debate Comments